Guava is a tropical fruit that’s sweet, fragrant and loaded with nutritional benefits. Whether you eat it raw or turn it into jam, the guava fruit is packed with vitamins C and A, fiber, potassium and other key nutrients.
However, many people wonder whether they can also eat the seeds of this amazing fruit. Yes, guava seeds are edible! In fact, they’re often added to salads and smoothies as a crunchy and nutritious ingredient.
In this article, we’ll examine why guava seeds are good for you and how to prepare them properly so you can enjoy all their health benefits without any digestive discomfort.
Why You Should Eat Guava Seeds
Here are some key reasons why including guava seeds in your diet will benefit your overall health:
1. Rich in Nutrients: Guava seeds contain high levels of dietary fiber which helps promote healthy digestion while balancing blood sugar levels significantly. They’re also an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids which provide numerous cardiovascular benefits such as reducing inflammation and lowering cholesterol levels respectively.
2. Promote Healthy Digestion: The soluble fiber found in guava seeds works like glue to bind stool together so that it passes through your digestive system smoother than usual hence keeping away stomach pain & cramps.
3. Improves Heart Health: Research shows that consuming foods rich in Omega-3s (like guava seed) lowers triglyceride levels which make up bad cholesterol & curtails risk factors associated with heart diseases.
4. Lowers Cholesterol Levels: Given their ability to improve digestion along wth being highly fibrous these tiny nutrient-rich germs help absorb excess fats from food preventing LDL (bad cholesterol) from forming deposits on artery walls hence decreasing risks for cardiac events further down the line.
How To Eat Guava Seeds Safely
Now that we’ve seen how beneficial adding guava seed to our diets could be let’s take a look at the proper ways of consumption so you can enjoy all its health benefits without any digestive discomfort.
1. Wash and Dry
Before consuming guava seeds, ensure that they’re properly washed and dried to remove any dirt or other impurities that may be present on them. Rinse them thoroughly with water and then pat dry using a paper towel or any clean cloth for at least 10 minutes before adding them into your snack bowl, smoothie jar, or dessert recipe book.
2. Incorporate In Recipes
The simplest way to eat guava seeds is by tossing some in salads or bowls as toppings adding flavor & crunchiness alongside their overall nutritional sweet-smelling goodness. They are also perfect additions when baking cookies!
You can include these tiny powerhouses in many recipes such as chia puddings, oatmeal bowls,baked goods like breads making sure not to overdo it since one tablespoon takes care of most nutrient requirements recommended daily.baking mixes, soups & even sandwiches;just use your imagination!
3. Soak Before Eating
If you have trouble digesting whole guava seeds due to their crunchy texture soaking overnight prior could aid digestion alleviating constipation issues.Extraordinary absorption will help gel up the fiber content reducing obstructions allowing efficient transit through gut minimizing issues related indigestion problems caused by eating seed husk directly.
Another method of ingesting prepared guava seed (whole) small rosting has been effective.Either use oven set thermostet at 375 F place a tray lined parchment paper containing properly cleaned and dried upallied with olive oil ready placed.Before sliding bars roast turning evenly every few minutes until golden brown providing great taste along side low sugar diet alternatives filling full stomac satisfyingly.Food scientists acknowledge accelerated oxidation possibly nullify nutriential value slightly however less than cooking applying high heat temperates so complementing flavors still retain more nutritive intake overall.
5. Add To Smoothies And Juices
Blenders & food processor definitely come in handy here since guava seeds have a texture that will blend effortlessly into various drinks like smoothies, juices or shakes.To give it a try just add about ½ teaspoon per cup of liquid ingridients this should quell hunger pangs leaving satisfied after intakingfull glass.Try combining seeded segments with beets, carrots or ginger to provide an absolute enhanced flavor profile.Experiment adding seasonal fruits along with mint leaves until concoction reaches desired thickness & sweet level accordingly utilizing natural stevia extracts intended for calorie substance replacement factor infused beverages
In conclusion,given the previous analysis regarding essential nutrients content.The endless ways to add Guava Seed into snacks,breakfast dishes,soups and drinks showcase how versatile they are although digestion methods preferred vary among consumers making them great sustainable food source promising significant health benefits altogether hence recommended to be included as staple mixture.