Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections that can be transmitted via sexual contact. These infections can have severe health consequences if left untreated, and getting tested for STDs is a crucial step in maintaining sexual health. One option to consider is visiting a Planned Parenthood center, which provides affordable and confidential testing.
How much does an STD test cost at Planned Parenthood?
The cost of an STD test varies depending on the specific type of test you need. At Planned Parenthood, the pricing ranges from $20 to $220 with most tests being in the $100 range when laboratory or examination fees are included. Patients who qualify may receive services for free or at reduced costs through federal programs like Medicaid or local arrangements made by clinics.
There are several types of tests available through Planned Parenthood, including:
1) Chlamydia/Gonorrhea Test: This combo panel screens for two commonly known bacterial infectious agents that cause chlamydia and gonorrhea; this combination panel also frequently checks for HIV since they share risk factors.
2) Herpes Simplex Virus Type II (HSV-2): HSV-2 causes genital herpes with symptoms ranging from mildly uncomfortable sores to painful outbreaks on genitals, buttocks, and thighs. A blood sample taken from your arm will check if your body has developed antibodies against the virus indicating infection by past exposure but cannot tell identify current active viral replication as this requires directed swab testing.
3) Human Papillomavirus (HPV): HPV is often symptomless yet highly prevalent among sexually active people and directly linked to certain cancers like those involving anus/rectum tissues and cervix tumors all preventable today by early vaccination! If detected using a swab collected during cervical exams or urinalysis., treatment methods could help limit various life-long complications like infertility[?].
4) Hepatitis B & C Testing: Viral hepatitis may infect easily through sex encounters failing protected practices like condom use, intravenous injection drug use, or snorting of cocaine. Both types B and C result in serious health outcomes if undetected early (cirrhosis and liver cancer) ; a blood test will help diagnose chronic infections.
5) Syphilis Test: If left untreated, this disease progresses through several stages that may severely impact various systems including the nervous system responsible for sensation to touch. A blood sample taken from your arm will check if your body has developed antibodies against the bacteria behind syphilis infection but you may also submit saliva or genital secretions samples instead of just serum/blood-based specimens during early phases when yet to immobilize immune response reaction.
STD testing fees at Planned Parenthood:
The following table provides approximate costs associated with STD tests offered by Planned Parenthood across many services provided annually:
|SERVICE |COST |
|Chlamydia/Gonorrhea Test |$102 – $206 includes lab fee |
|Syphilis Test |$141 – $226 based on stage |
|Herpes Simplex Virus Type II |$94-$296 / panel |
|Hepatitis B & C Testing |$123/panel |
Costs can vary depending upon factors like geographic location, local availability of subsidized programs under Federal Assistance Programs regarding healthcare options; patient’s insurance coverage employment status, age as well as income levels.
Additional Factors That Determine STD Testing Costs
Planned Parenthood clinics do not only offer free or affordable STD testing services based on federal assistance programs eligibility guidelines such as Medicaid status but they also strive towards ensuring cost transparency throughout service delivery. Patients without insurance need not worry they can still get insured through enrollment facilities available within medical staff immediately during their visit today!.
In conclusion, it is essential to have tested for sexually transmitted diseases regularly regardless of whether symptoms are present given often asymptomatic clinical course evolution patterns or non-specific presentation’s like itching, discharge, etc. Finding a suitable family planning clinic that understands your concerns and respects privacy while addressing all of them should be a top priority when planning on taking control of one’s sexual health. Planned Parenthood may provide affordable services for those in need and help prevent patients’ immediate risks to their overall reproductive healthcare with fast laboratory testing with accurate results typically available within 1-2 days onsite removing any added uncertainty due to potentially contaminating transport situations or lengthy delays before receiving the right answers regarding your health.
Remember, early detection helps forestall further spreading infections among partners! So do not hesitate to get tested today at any local center through Planned Parenthood you consult with.